Why Judge when you can Love - Limitless

Sunday, November 15




We judge people every day, whether we know them or not. It is not always a conscious action, but more often than not, we judge everybody we see. If we see a person walking down the street, wearing all black, with black makeup, immediately we may think to ourselves, “Oh, look at that gothic freak show, wonder what Mommy and Daddy did to mess that poor child up?” We do not know them but just by their appearance we think we know how this person acts or thinks.

We judge our friends and family constantly. A friend may admit that they have a drug problem and rather than look at the issues behind the cause the first thought is not, “How can I help them?” but instead, “How did they become to weak willed?” We judge people without trying to understand them.

I have seen and experienced the worst judgments between parents and children. I remember coming home in seventh grade, and presented my father with a score on a test, that I was very proud of. I walked into his bedroom and said, “Dad, I got a ninety seven on my maths test.” He looked at me and said very seriously, “So, what’d you miss?” This response was like a dagger in my side. He did not care that I received the highest grade in the class, he did not care that I had received good marks on a test in a class I had been doing rather poorly in. He only wanted to know why I did not do better. I, being in seventh grade did not know how to deal with my anger toward his reaction, so I let it boil inside of me and heaped it together with all the similar events. I released my anger on the rugby field, or the Badminton Court. Although it seemed an effective method of releasing my built up anger I realized that it was only a temporary cure.

Judging those close to you can cause turmoil in relationships, cause friends and family to build resentments of which you may be unaware. Then, one day when you least expect it, you make one off-handed comment and they fly right off their rocker and they start to scream or they hit you across the face. Communication is important in a relationship. It may often be difficult to stop judging people but one must try to stop when they catch themselves doing it...

1 comment:

Januka said...

yeah.. true to the core.. i think every human posses those kind of weaknesses..either we just don't think about them or we just ignore them.. seeing from the others eye is really important when dealing with friends or in that case any other human..i feel those are the parts in life we have to polish up in schools..human handling..

ur blog is super awsm mate!! keep it up :)

Post a Comment